Executive Director Job Description
FRANKLIN, Mass. — Camp Haiastan of the Armenian Youth Federation’s Board of Directors (BOD) is seeking qualified candidates for its Executive Director position. This person will work in concert with the BOD to manage the operations of Camp Haiastan and assure a meaningful Armenian experience for as many youngsters as possible each summer. The Board of Directors is looking for a dynamic individual who can work and expand our successful programs and offer even more Armenian youth a meaningful summer experience. This is your opportunity to join a 70 year institution and be part of our commitment to providing the “Special Armenian Experience” that Camp Haiastan is known for.
Candidate must be able to work on site in Franklin, MA
The ideal candidate will have:
5+ years of business operations and management experience
Proven experience leading small teams and fostering team development.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Prior experience working in Education highly desirable
Prior experience using QuickBooks or similar software desirable
College degree required with an advanced degree highly desirable
The Executive Director is responsible for the following:
1. Implementing the policies put in place by Camp Haiastan’s Board of Directors
2. Ensuring that the camp meets all federal, state and local regulations and that the camp is operated in a manner conducive to the safety and well-being of both campers and staff. Ensuring the health and safety of our campers and staff are paramount!
3. Developing strategic plans for the continued growth of Camp Haiastan and its ability to meet the future needs of the Armenian community
4. Developing and maintaining a summer program that is meaningful, challenging and relevant to the campers and staff
5. Leading all Camp Haiastan standing and ad hoc committees
1. Representing Camp Haiastan to the various Armenian communities of the United States and Canada, as well as the local, non-Armenian community. Some travel is required in the off-season.
2. Growing the Camp through pro-active integrated marketing communication programs with the various Armenian communities and constituencies, such as but not limited to Camp Haiastan alumni, AYF, ARS, ARF, Foundations, Armenian School programs, Sunday School programs and Armenian Day School programs
3. Coordinating with the Armenian Youth Federation to help maximize the effectiveness of Camp Haiastan’s public relations and outreach efforts to staff and campers
4. Overseeing media outreach for Camp Haiastan by providing content and regular updates to all relevant channels including print, email and social media
1. Actively and aggressively raising funds to maintain a low-cost camp fee structure as well as supporting expansion, development and revitalization plans
2. Developing new sources of significant income such as grants, rentals, bequests, etc. while also continuously searching for potential donors
3. Creating fundraising campaigns and sending multiple solicitations per year, including Christmas time
4. Developing and overseeing the annual budget for the operations of the camp and its facilities
5. Maintaining Camp Haiastan’s books and financial records in an effective and efficient manner, utilizing current technologies such as QuickBooks, as well as working with Camp Haiastan’s CPA firm and BOD Treasurer to pass an annual financial audit
6. Management of the Camp’s Financial Aid Program allowing any and all campers to attend regardless of their financial situation. Maintaining confidentiality is paramount.
1. Preparing the camp to ensure it passes its yearly inspection by the Department of Public Health
2. Managing the office effectively and efficiently, utilizing leading edge technology to enhance its operation
3. Coordinating with Armenian Youth Federation and Armenian Relief Society to enhance the summer enrichment program
4. Managing all properties/grounds including any off-season construction projects
5. Managing rental of the Camp facilities throughout the off-season
1. Leading in the recruitment, interviewing and training of all prospective staff members and overseeing paid summer and year-round staff
2. Implementing seasonal or annual performance reviews for all staff members
3. Managing Camp Haiastan’s caretaker and administrative assistant effectively and efficiently
Additional information about Camp Haiastan is available at
Camp Haiastan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Those interested should e-mail a cover letter and resume by March 14, 2020 to If you have questions or would like to discuss the position, please call our Board Chairman, Michael Guzelian at 781-710-1412.